I was helping a couple of lads who were collecting top soil that I had spare and, while talking to one, a bird landed on the fence behind him. It seemed to have quite a yellow breast and my first thought was that it was a great tit, except I didn't see the black central stripe. Then it turned its head just before it flew off and there was a flash of red.
My next thought was goldfinch but when I looked in my book the breast seemed too yellow for one. But then again the sun was low. If it wasn't one then it had something very bright red in its beak. If it was a goldfinch then it's the first I've seen in a garden, but I've since realised that this isn't rare.
A farewell .... with a lifetime of happy memories
-
On 25 November 2024, I had a lovely sunlit wander at Claremont Gardens,
with my very special friend Isa. What we didn't know at that time was, and
th...
5 weeks ago

No comments:
Post a Comment