Sunday, 14 September 2008

Yay and yay!

Don't get me wrong, I love my house sparrows and starlings, and the collared doves are nice and tolerant to other birds, if not to each other at times. And even the wood pigeons make me smile - though I would prefer it if they didn't eat so much and threaten to peck even the sparrows.

But I'd like to see some more of the other birds. I haven't seen a blackbird in my garden in an age, though I have seen some on the roofs over the back. I saw a robin a couple of times the other day but not a chance to take a photo. Today was a nice busy day with birds feeding all over the garden and then I noticed a blue tit at the peanuts. It flew off before I could get a photo, returned and flew off again. Then after the garden had gone quiet it returned but this time made for the fat balls. And there was a robin an hour or so later. A fair way off so the photo is small. Hopefully through Autumn and Winter I'll have more and more variety.

The two photos below are from earlier in the week. Unusual to see 3 wood pigeons eating peacefully and not sure how they all fitted here. And one evening after work there was at least 80 starlings on the roofs around, but not much food for them. I put some out early (I usually top up much later) hoping to see a garden full, but they all flew off instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment