Friday, 17 October 2008

Sparowhawk

Weekdays are quiet for me now. The birds rarely come before I go to work and have gone when I get home. I had quite a lot of starlings, house sparrows and collared doves this morning but then I later spotted this bird on the fence. At first I couldn't see it properly as it was hidden by a post and as I got my camera ready it flew to the other side of the garden. I managed to get this poor photo before it flew off. I was sat back from the window and its only 1/15 second at ISO 400 due to the early time.

2 comments:

  1. Pity its got his back to you Steve but great shot.Bet a few months ago if someone had said you would have a sparrowhawk in your garden you wouldn't have believed them.Whats next I wonder
    Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm a wish-list eh, Sheila? I know what you mean though, I was hoping for a few blue and great tits to go with the sparrows, starlings and blackbirds I expected when I first started, but never dreamt that I could get the birds I do get.

    ReplyDelete