Thursday night/Friday morning I hardly slept at all and was up at 4:30 putting the bird table together and trying stuff out with the telescope and cameras. I put the fat ball feeder out with a couple of fat balls. I also took the previous day's uneaten bread out the scraps feeder and threw it on the ground.
First bird to appear was the young male blackbird at 5:39 (assuming the clock on the camera is correct) and then a young starling and a sparrow - but all after the bread.
A collared dove also arrived and didn't seem to like the starlings.

At 6 AM or so a house sparrow found the fats balls. The a little before 7 AM the starlings came - lots of them, but they were mostly after the bread. But by the time I was going for work they were also at the fat balls. I wondered if there's be any left when I got home.
At work, yesterday, I made a feeder pole. The sparrows seemed wary at first but this one took a chance. They're new fat balls - the earlier ones had all gone.

No comments:
Post a Comment