Saturday, 26 July 2008

They're back

About 20 starlings invaded for all of 2 minutes today, some at the fat balls, some below the feeders and some at the food at the top of the garden. When the starlings come the sparrows seem to as well and there were about a dozen. The sparrows have been around on and off all day though, mostly in the hedge and in the east neighbour's massive shrubs.

Later on a wood pigeon stayed for ages gobbling up the food and was joined by a collared dove and two sparrows.

I've decided to take a chance and have bought a thistle feeder and some nyjer seed. Maybe I can entice something other than the regulars. For all I know they pop by now and again anyway and if so I hope the nyjer will bring more and more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment