On August 8th, when I came home from work there was a wood pigeon on the fence looking a right state. Obviously moulting and let me get to within 12 feet to take the photo. On the 11th there was a very poorly looking one in the garden, waddling about but eating. With cats in the area I tried to encourage it to leave but it just ran away from me. It looked up at the fence a few times as if trying to find a low spot to fly to but was still on the garden when I left for work.

In the evening I noticed that it was on the tv aerial on the roof but it wasn't long before it crashed landed on the garden to eat. It didn't look so ill but I did notice that it held a wing awkwardly and struggled for balance at times. It did manage to get onto the fence, but only just. Hopefully one of the pair in the last photo is the same one feeling much better.
No comments:
Post a Comment