Sunday, 24 August 2008

Nest boxes

I bought some nest boxes a while ago and finally plucked up the courage to put them up. I hate ladders, especially springy ones, and so this took a while longer than it should. And yes the right hand one is too high and I might sort it out when I next get the ladder out. It's 26 inches from the centre one to windows either side so I'll have to try and be more careful with the bathroom window next year. The openings are suited to house sparrows, which is why I put them together, but are not ideally faced at north-north-west. The side of the house would be better (east-north-east) but there's less room for a ladder. And where they are now I might get some good photos out the bedroom window about 7 feet to the right. And who knows, if I do decide to get a laptop (likely) then I will be able to get a decent webcam on them. The photo is the view from the top of the lawn.

No comments:

Post a Comment